The European Outdoor Conservation Association (EOCA), together with 17 of its members are holding an online Green Friday Fundraiser and it is now live!
In advance of Christmas, the online fundraiser enables customers to purchase gifts for themselves and their loved ones, while at the same time, making a difference by raising funds for conservation work around the world. The money raised will all go towards vital conservation projects supported by EOCA, including the six most recently selected, tackling plastic pollution in the environment and at source, in Spain, Italy, Brazil, Columbia, and the UK.
Eight members have chosen to raise money for the association through actions on their own websites:
- Cumulus will be holding an online ‘garage sale’ for a large number of items, with 100% of sales being donated.
- Deuter will be donating 10% of all online sales from its website over the Black Friday weekend.
- Gregory will be donating 20% of online sales via its website for the week of 23-30 November.
- KEEN is holding a ‘You buy, We donate’ fundraiser from 20-30 November, with €10 from each purchase being donated to an EOCA managed project, or two other charities.
- La Sportiva will be donating 40% of all sales from its website over the Black Friday weekend.
- Montane will donate €5000 to EOCA as an alternative to traditional Black Friday marketing spend.
- Osprey will donate 20% from all sale from its website over the Black Friday weekend.
- Vaude: In addition to the listed Green Friday Fundraisers, Vaude will be hosting an Advent Fundraiser on 5thDecember when the company will donate 10% of all sales via its website to EOCA.
EOCA is very grateful to its partner Outdoor Gear For Good (OGFG), which carries out online fundraising for the association. OGFG is a community interest company (not for profit) based in the UK. EOCA is delighted that eleven of its members have sent generous donations for the Green Friday event to OGFG. These items will be listed on the new OGFG eBay shop over the coming month, with 100% of sales donated to EOCA to put into conservation projects.
- Berghaus has donated a range of packs and clothing.
- Craghoppers has donated a number of different jackets.
- Lowe Alpine has donated a range of packs and accessories.
- Nikwax has donated a range of cleaning and proofing products.
- Ortlieb has donated some waterproof rucksacks.
- Osprey has donated a range of packs.
- Pajak has donated sleeping bags and mittens.
- Salomon has donated many women’s running vests.
- Stanley has donated a large number of travel mugs.
- Trangoworld has donated waterproof and windproof jackets.
- Ternua has donated insulated jackets.
Full details can be found at https://www.outdoorconservation.eu/onlinefundraiser/
Joint General Manager Catherine Savidge said, “As we near the end of what has been a difficult year for everyone, we are overwhelmed by the generosity of EOCA members and thrilled to have this opportunity to enable consumers to purchase some new gear for outdoor adventures while raising funds for the conservation of special habitats around the world. Ending the year with such a positive, collaborative effort, with so many companies involved, reminds us that the EOCA membership remains truly committed to giving back to the great outdoors at all times.”