The Haglöfs Skuta Mid PROOF™ Eco (SRP £120) is a supportive and tough trekking mid-boot with a wide forefoot for extra comfort, developed in association with ASICS.
It provides the wearer with a perfect grip on treacherous, slippery trails, and it’s made with our sustainable waterproof membrane, PROOF™, which is a fluorocarbon-free material and a recycled lining. With this boot, Haglöfs is helping to usher in a new era of sustainable modern hiking.
Together with a handful of suppliers, Haglöfs can – and will – continue to design and develop the best PROOF™ fabrics as possible. Haglöfs’ aim is to create premium quality fabrics that are also as sustainable as possible.
Key features include:
- Waterproof with fluorocarbon-free PROOF™ ECO membrane
- GEL™ rear foot cushioning offers excellent shock absorption for the ideal stride
- Moulded EVA midsole gives good cushioning and comfort
- Premium eco-friendly leather from a tannery audited by the Leather Working Group
- Fluorocarbon-free DWR-treated surfaces help repel water & dirt
- Engineered patterned outsole provides high traction and stability
- AHAR™ Plus (ASICS® High Abrasion Resistance Rubber) on the outsole heel adds durability
- Suede reinforced toe and heel give increased protection and durability
- Tongue gusset prevents water and sand from entering the shoe
- Breathability: 30 MVT mg/cm2
- Waterproof flex test: 100 000 steps
PROOF™ is a highly protective material technology, developed by Haglöfs to provide an outstanding level of weatherproofing for their premium, highly functional outdoor garments. It provides a truly effective barrier against all kinds of precipitation, as well as real protection from harsh winds.
But that’s not all: PROOF materials are also made with environmentally friendly fabrics, including bluesign®-approved textiles – responsibly sourced and created materials that meet the toughest set of environmental standards in the industry.